ICALL (Intelligent Computer-Assisted Language Learning): Research and development
We make language learning tools based on analysers. We want the computer to help the student to learn words, morphology and grammar. By adjusting the analysers, we can give useful feedback to the student's output. The dictionary can help the student with the morpohology and is also linked to texts in corpora.
Publications and presentations
Language learning: Oahpa projects
- North Saami Oahpa: University Oahpa (2011–2013) // The first Oahpa project (2007–2008)
- South Saami Oahpa: South Saami 2 (2012–2013) // South Saami (2010–2011) //
- Other Saami Oahpa versions: Inari Saami // Kildin Saami // Skolt Saami
- Oahpa for other languages: Aromanian // Buryad // Erzya // Estonian // Hill Mari // North Haida // Ingrian // Komi // Kven // Livonian // Meadow Mari // Moksha // Olonets // Plains Cree // Russian // Tundra Nenets // Udmurt // Veps // Võru
- Project pages: SamEst // Fleksibel utdanning // AKU Oahpa // Plains Cree Gïelese
- Documentation for end users, (teachers, pupils students)
- Publications and presentations related to Oahpa
- Konteaksta – beta version. Documentation. Make grammar tasks of authentic texts on Internet. A North Saami version of VIEW, which is made at University of Tübingen.
- The VISL programs are made to teach grammatical concepts, and for people who already know North Saami. The VISL group at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) has done the program development and programming, and the University of Tromsø has provided the North Saami content.
Dictionaries for language learners
- Neattadigisánit – FST-dictionary A reading comprehension dictionary combined with a morpological analysator
- Korpdict - beta version for looking up words in corpus. Documentation
- Other dictionaries
- Publications and presentations related to dictionaries